Station 1: Design Thinking
Student 1: Works quickly & is above grade level, but makes careless mistakes because of disinterest.
Student 2: Working slightly below grade level and struggles to keep up in class.
Student 3: Doesn't return to the passage to figure out the main idea & details.
Changes I Would Make:
- Need something for students to store their thoughts, such as a graphic organizer, online journal, etc.
- Need a program or activity that allows the child to work at their pace & help with their specific learning needs.
- Children write stories - use these to find the Main Idea (don't specifically teach what main idea is yet)
- Write paragraphs together & discover Main Idea
- Students create a video or alternate assignments to show Main Idea.
- Story Frame - Pixar Films
Station 2: Prototyping & Modeling
I did enjoy creating a design through Tinker Cad. I think this could be used to create story props to help in retelling a story or students could create an image of something that represents the main idea.
Students need to be able to relate digital coding to the physical world so that they can create things to use in order to solve real-life problems.
Main Idea Assessment: