"It’s time to seize and change the narrative and start living the abundant life."
Pentecost Sunday: It’s time to seize and change the narrative.
Pentecost Sunday is on the 23rd May. It must inspire all of us to seize the narrative in our world today instead of allowing the current Pandemic to determine the narrative of our lives.
It will take sometimes before this Pandemic ends. While we all must follow the necessary medically-driven SOPs in our lives and ministries, we should not be held captive, bound and be limited by it.
The early believers also faced very stressful seasons (politically, socially, religiously, pandemics, etc.) without much (if any) worldly support. They grew strong under intense pressures from within and outside the church, faced with immense political, social, religious and spiritual challenges. But they were not defeated but grew strong because they experienced the, “reality and power of the Holy Spirit.”
Jesus never planned for us to be left helpless and alone.
- John 16:7, “Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you”
He has promised us power to continue to live and serve Him irrespective of the challenges the world may go through.
- Acts 1:8 “But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”
The supply of the Holy Spirit is available under any circumstance.
- Phil 1:19-20 “For I know that this will turn out for my deliverance through your prayer and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ, according to my earnest expectation and hope that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ will be magnified in my body, whether by life or by death”
The Holy Spirit lives inside every child of God.
- Rom 8:11,” But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you”
Not everyone or church will have the same level of innovation, tool, personnel and facilities needed to combat this Pandemic practically but we all can have the Holy Spirit power. It’s time to seize and change the narrative.
- We are not Victims but Victors
- We are not Weakened but Strengthened
- We are not Alone but Alive in God
- We are not Marginalized but Unstoppable
What we need to do is to go beyond believism and consciously lean on Him more instead of running on our own. Intensify our prayer lives, be baptized in the Holy Spirit, be filled and walk in the Spirit.
It’s time to seize and change the narrative and start living the abundant life. John 10:10, “The thief (COVID 19) does not come except to steal, to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly”.
God Bless You and the church is praying for You.
Pastor Ong Sek Leang & Pastor Nancy Ong