How did I get here?
- 22 YO, Engineering Graduate
- First Startup Weekend, met some amazing people
- Positive energy from one person can create so much change! Inspired by #GiveFirst!
What does poverty look like in 2018?
- World Population? 50% of it. (3 billion people)
- 1 billion of these in extreme poverty (<1$ per day)
- 60B$ needed anually to end extreme poverty (1/4 of top 100 billionaires incomes - Oxfam)
Why are they (mill, bill and us) not #GivingFirst?
- Lack of transparency in non profits
- Not content with the recognition
- Lack of Vetted Options
How do we solve this?
Enter the Blockchain - AKA DIM-SUM!
- D - Database
- I - Immutable
- M - Millions
- S - Secure
- U - Uneditable
- M - Miners
Now simply apply DIM-SUM to Social Good!
- Database - Everytime someone is helped, a transaction is added to the database - reputation.
- Immutable - Claims CANNOT be changed at a future date; wrong claims - Reputation Deducted
- Millions - of copies of this database are stored around the world, making it impossible to be hacked
Incentivizing users and corporations?
- Cryptographic tokens - Reputation
- NOT Tradeable/transferable
- More Help - More Tokens - More Reputation
- The super rich care about reputation - but currently reputation is decided by how much you are worth or how much money a company makes.
- Leaders - Not by Money but by Amount of Help
- Corporates, HNIs, Governments COMPETE to help people
- Shift focus from making money to helping people - Blockchain can revolutionize social impact!