OCTOBER 2021 EDITION
Thanksgiving Dinner To Go
A Cheery Christmas Event
1st Annual Ed Lexon Charity Event
The 2021 Halloween Event Was A Success!
- SWIMMING POOL: 5:00AM - 6:00PM 7 DAYS
- TENNIS COURTS: 5:00AM - 11:00PM 7 DAYS
- FITNESS CENTER: 5:00AM - 10:00PM 7 DAYS
- RESTAURANT & BAR: 11:00AM - 9:00PM FRI - SAT / 11:00AM - 7:00PM THU & SUN
- DRIVING RANGE: 6:30AM - 5PM TUES - SUN
- GOLF SHOP: 6:30AM - 5PM TUES - SUN
- 9TH HOLE SNACK SHOP: 10:00AM - 4:00PM TUES - SUN
- GOLF COURSE BEVERAGE CART: 9:00AM - 4:00PM FRI - SUN
Upcoming Wedding Fair & Affected Access
- November 5 First Friday Live Music and Prime Rib
- November TBD Wedding Ceremony/Reception Tree 3pm-10pm
- November 12 JDRF Fundraiser Event: DJ, Dinner & Silent Auction
- November 13 The Ed Lexon Texas Scramble MGC
- November 20 OWGC Turkey Shoot
- November 24 Turkey To Go Dinner Pick Up
- December 1 OWGC Awards Luncheon
- December 9 Santa Claus & Eggnog Event 4PM - 6PM
- December 11 Holiday Classic MGC
- December 24 Prime Rib To Go
- December 31 New Years Eve
by Rich Villalobos, AB President
Cast Your Vote!
Golf Pro Tips: How to Break 90
Caring For The Course: Divots & Ball Marks
Pro Shop Deals
Members! The gift - giving season is right around the corner. Stay ahead of the game by shopping discount deals at the Oakhurst Country Club Golf Shop, open Tuesday - Sunday 6:30AM - 5PM. Our staff are ready to help you pick out the perfect gift for the golfer in your life! Shop deals on top brands!! Plus - the golf shop has a new selection of men's and women's attire.
Ladies' Golf Club
Update by Gayle Duncan, Captain of Ladies' Golf Club
Once you join the Ladies’ Golf Club, you can sign up on the app. To join, contact our Membership Chairperson, Ann Brady at: email@example.com.
To play in our tournaments you will need a valid handicap, and an NCGA GHIN number. We invite lady golfers that might be interested in our group to come out on a Wednesday and play with us.
Starting this Wednesday, Nov. 3rd through March 2, 2022: Ladies Play - Shotgun Start at 9:00AM. When you check in at the Pro Shop, Evan will let you know who you are playing with and what hole you will be starting at. See you on the course!
Best Ball Winners
Thank you to all who came out on the last day of our regular season! We had a great time socializing on the patio after our round of golf.
- First Place Jennifer Wright, Linda Higgins, and Gayle Duncan- 9 under with a 63 net
- Second Place Cindy Wilson, Sandy Mazza, and Sandy Sue Mocco- also 9 under with a 63 net, but lost in a card off on the back nine.
- Third Place Deborah Robertson, Nancy Hedglen, and Akiko Wiley- 8 under with a 64
- Fourth Place Linda Tsai, G Coddington, and Denise Leveroni- 4 under with a 68.
- Turkey Shoot- Saturday, November 20th, 9:00 Shotgun- Kelly Millino is finalizing the menu and will send out more info soon.
- SAVE THE DATE !!! December Awards Lunch, Friday, December 3rd, at 12:30, Diablo Room, Oakhurst CC.
Men's Golf Club
by Drew Hagen, President of Men's Club, Greens Committee, Bunkers Committee
2022 Men’s Club Dues WILL NOT be increasing and WILL be in your next month’s statement.
Tournament entry fees are $30 unless noted below and are billed to your Oakhurst Account. If you are 70 years of age or older you can elect to play from the White Tees unless noted below. Each tournament entry is open about one month prior to the event and entries close the Friday at 5:00pm prior to the event. Most Handicaps will be used on the entry deadline date. (The Member-Guest and the Member-Member have earlier entry deadlines) We have a tournament handicapping system, for details please visit our website at www.oakhurstmensclub.com.
- January 8 Tournament of 2021 Champions
- Jan. 10-13 Tee Box Aerification
- January 22 NCGA 4-Ball Net (2-Man Better-Ball)
- February 19 NCGA Zone Qualifier (Better 2-Ball of 4)
- Feb. 21-24 Fairway Aerification
- March 12 Stableford Format ABCD Blind Draw
- March 14-16 Greens Aerification (hollow tine)
- April 9 NCGA SENIOR 4-Ball Net (2-Man Better-Ball)
- April 18-20 Fairway Aerification
- May Presidents Cup Match Play Begins
- May 7th & 8th Stroke Play Club Championship
- May 9-11 Greens Aerification (solid tine)
- June 16th – 18th Member Guest Invitational
- June 20-22 Tee Box Aerification
- July 9 6,6,6 (You choose 6 white, 6 gold & 6 black tees)
- July 11-13 Fairway Aerification
- July 18-20 Greens Aerification (solid tine)
- August 11th (6:30pm) Calcutta Dinner for the Member-Member
- August 27th & 28th Annual Member-Member
- September 10 Annual Senior Open (white tees)
- Sept. 12-14 Tee Box Aerification
- September 24th & 25th Match Play Club Championship (qual 24th)
- October 1st & 2nd Match Play CC (Matches)
- Oct. 3-5 Greens Aerification (solid needle tine)
- November 12 The Ed Lexon Texas Scramble (Charity Event)
- December 10 Holiday Classic
Match Play Club Championship Winners
Senior's Golf Club
Membership in the Oakhurst Senior Program is open to all male members aged 50 or over. You do not have to be a member of the Men’s Club to join. Dues are currently $50 per year, which the Senior Golf Committee uses to fund prizes and scrip. For further information and details, contact Senior Program Co-Chairman Steve Larragueta by email at Larraguetas@Yahoo.com.
NCGA Mid Amateur 4 Ball Champion - Bobby Bucey
by Ruby Oliveros, Executive Head Chef
by Jacob Ortega, USTA Head Pro & Tennis Director, Chris Gasparro, Assistant Pro