Monday, September 13th is our annual Tailgate event with the Curtis, Ereckson, and Ford middle schools bands. Call time is 6:30pm. Dress is dryfit shirt, khaki shorts/jeans, and athletic shoes with low/no-show socks. Performance will begin at 7pm in the track stadium and will conclude before 8pm. The event is free and open to the public.
Thursday, September 16th is our first away game in Tyler, TX. This is a required event. Students will miss their 7th and 8th period classes (AHS, LFC, STEAM). We will provide a study hall/quiet time during 7th period, Chick-Fil-A afternoon meal, and Jimmy Johns on the way home. We will be riding charter buses with plugs so students can charge their devices. Because of the late return time, we will not have Friday morning rehearsal.
Next week is a BYE week: We will not have a game the week of September 20-26. Our percussion program will be competing at Plano Senior High on Saturday, September 25. If you are looking for something to do, they would love your support!
The Allen Escadrille strictly enforces UIL eligibility requirements for students. This is the Texas "No Pass, No Play" rule where a student will be considered academically ineligible if they have one grade below a 70 in an on-level course at certain times of the year.
During the first quarter in Allen ISD, there is an eligibilty chekpoint at the end of week six (Sept 17) and at the end of week 9 (Oct 8). Students must be considered eligible on these dates or will be unable to participate in games and contests (but will still be required to go to all morning rehearsals) for a minimal time period of three weeks.
If a student is deemed ineligible, they have three weeks to get all of their grades in on-level classes above a 70 average (10/8) and can regain eligibility the next week (10/15). If a student fails to regain eligibility, they will be considered ineligible for another three-week period.
The band staff will do a grade pull on Tuesday, September 7. Parents will be contacted if their son/daughter is in danger of ineligibility. Band staff will communicate with students about their grades. If a student on the marching team has two or more grades below 70, they may be issued a shadow.
The Next Three Weeks
- Monday, Sept 13: 7-8:30a Rehearsal; Tailgate: 6:30pm Call Time/7pm Performance
- Tues, Sept 14: 7-8:30a Rehearsal
- Wed, Sept 15: 7-8:30a Rehearsal
- Thurs, Sept 16: 7-8:30a Rehearsal; Football @ Tyler Legacy (departure during 8th Period/back LATE)
- Fri, Sept 17: NO MORNING REHEARSAL
- Mon, Sept 20: 7-8:30a Rehearsal
- Tues, Sept 21: 7-8:30a Rehearsal; General Parent Meeting 7pm (AHS Band Hall)
- Wed, Sept 22: 7-8:30a Rehearsal; Jazz Region Auditions
- Thurs, Sept 23: 7-8:30a Rehearsal
- Fri, Sept 24: 7-8:30a Rehearsal
- Sat, Sept 25: Plano Percussion Contest (Percussion only)
- Mon, Sept 27: 7-8:30a morning rehearsal; 6p-8p evening rehearsal (with guest clinicians)
- Tues, Sept 28: 7-8:30a morning rehearsal
- Wed, Sept 29: No morning rehearsal
- Thur, Sept 30: 7-8:30a morning rehearal
- Fri, Oct 1: 7-8:30a morning rehearsal; Away football @ McKinney Boyd
- Sat, Oct 2: Plano East Marching Invitational - see preliminary itinerary HERE.