- Leveraging our scale (3.5 million farmers in eight countries) we can quickly reach a large number of people.
- A majority of PAD’s activities do not require face-to-face contact; our digital services can be maintained (or expanded) at a time when in-person services are - by necessity - being scaled back or placed on hold.
- Our services are replicable and scalable in new geographies, and can be scaled up to new target populations in existing geographies.
- We are able to develop and deploy surveys and A/B tests to quickly and accurately gather and analyze information from users to improve our services in near real time.
- By working with governments and other large partners we are able to deploy our services quickly and at scale.
By providing actionable information to the right people, in the right way and at the right time, Precision Agriculture for Development (PAD) empowers smallholder farmers to change their lives for the better. At a time when people around the world are confronting new and unprecedented challenges associated with the COVID-19 pandemic, we believe that our model of digital development can assist governments, non-profits, private businesses, and other organizations understand the shifting impacts of the COVID crisis, mitigate its negative effects on rural livelihoods and food security, promote behavior change, inform policy responses, and advance resilience in a rapidly changing circumstances. At the same time, we are working to adapt and broaden our existing services to meet the evolving needs of poor and vulnerable populations as they respond to COVID-19.
PAD can quickly expand its services as a rapid response to the COVID-19 pandemic to enable farmers to access the information they need; to improve livelihoods and well-being for smallholder farmers and other users; to assist governments, non-profits, and the private sector to respond to disruptions in services associated with the pandemic; and to assist governments to more effectively message and promote changes in behavior to limit the spread and impact of COVID-19.