Saturn is the second largest planet in our solar system. Even though it is not the only planet with rings it is still special because it is one 4 plants that does. It is the god of agriculture. Saturn is also the root of the English word Saturday.
Saturn is made up of gas . It is 4.503 billion years old, and weighs 5.683 × 10^26 kg. Scientist have discovered that Titan is Saturn's largest moon, they have also discovered that it has a total of 5 moons. Saturn is 36,184 mi in size. It has tiny ringlets that go around all of Saturn that make it the most beautiful
A picture of Saturn's ring
No one has ever been to Saturn because it is made up of gas. Saturn has 53 moons which not counting Saturn's beautiful rings. Saturn got its name from the Roman god of agriculture. Saturn has a had 4 space craft visit which was Pioneer 11 became the first spacecraft to fly by and study Saturn up close. Voyager. In Saturn you cant walk on it because it is made up of gas so it pretty much just has 3 layers of clouds. The upper layers can range from minus 280 F.
- Atmosphere - a envelope of gases surrounding a planet.
- Astronomical unit - a unit of measurement equal to 149.6 million kilometers, the mean distance from the center of the earth to the center of the sun.
- Magnetic field - region around a magnet
- Satellite - an artificial body placed in orbit around the earth or moon or another planet in order to collect information or for communication.
- Evolution - process by which different kinds of living organisms are thought to have developed and diversified from earlier forms during the history of the earth.
- Aurora - the dawn.
- FACTS ABOUT SATURN
- It can be seen with the naked eye
- Is the flattest planet
- Made mostly of hydrogen
- Has oval shaped storms
- upper atmosphere is made up of clouds
Contact - Ashly Gaitan, Email me at - firstname.lastname@example.org 5/5/17
Sites used -