So how did it go? Reflect and share your focus students and your possible focus.
Dimension 2: What knowledge and skills do we as professionals need to meet the needs of our students
Dimension 3: so what are your needs in order to deepen your professional knowledge and to help refine your skills?
Homework: Mapping your inquiry Dimension 2.
Term 2 Meetings and programme - Thursday 4 May, then department observations and sharing till 13 September.
Term 3: Meetings - 13 and 27 September Feedback, progress to date
Term 4 possible dates: Wed 18 Oct; Tues 31 Oct; Tues 14 Nov; Thurs 30 Nov
Focus for term 4: progress, feedback, planning for 2018
Dimension 3: How do I go about deepening my knowledge and refining my skills?
Prompts for Dimension 3
- How will I approach meeting my learning needs – what methods of learning will best serve me?
- What is the best way for me to learn about this? The most effective?
- What tells me that this is the best way?
- How does my professional learning plan reflect this?
- Is my learning aimed at deepening my discipline knowledge or pedagogy or both?
- What difference do I want to see as a result of this learning? – to my practice and to my students' learning?
- How can collaboration with others at my school, particularly those who teach the same students, support my/their learning?
- How can collaboration with others outside my school support my/their learning?
Developing Reading and Listening skills while capturing our students! How do we do it? Use of Embedded Reading and Listening - see our Google drive for the reading
Engaging students in new learning experiences - your challenge for terms 2-4
What new learning experiences have you engaged your students in? How did it go? What were your students' reactions?
Dimension 4: Engaging students in new learning
Prompts for Dimension 4
- How am I ensuring that my new learning is being transferred to my practice?
- When applying my learning what do I notice?
- Have my beliefs, assumptions (about my practice, student learning) been challenged?
- How do I monitor and reflect on where I am going, how I am going and where to next?
- What criteria am I using to monitor the changes in my practice?
- What kind of data (e.g. teacher designed, student self assessment, peer observations) am I collecting?
- Am I on the right track?
- How do I know?
Focus for 27 Sept:
- Feedback for progress report - facilitator; student voice
- Comments re recent readings - what trialled?
- Learning Outcomes
- Listening skills - article and scaffold sheet
- Implications for reading aloud
Focus for Wed 18 Oct - Dimension 4: Engaging students in new learning experiences
Inquiry booklet page 5: Mapping your inquiry - use this to help you track and keep a focus on your inquiry
Next meeting: Dimension 5 - What has been the impact of our changed actions on outcomes we value for our students?