- Bay Number: 4
- Year: 2016
- Term: 4
- Class: 8Tas1
- Teacher: Mrs Gibbins
Anaylsing the brief - Bay members must work as a team to produce a food recipe from the ingrediants provided in a mystery box. You can use at little or much of the provided ingrediants and bring additional ingrediants to aid your cooking. Be creative with your design ideas but practical as 1 hour is your time limit to present a completed recipe. For example; choose snack foods that are quick to make but still creative and delicous.
Provided Ingrediants - Butter, Milk, Sugar, Salt & Flour.
Group ideas: mystery box challenge.
Possible ideas: Team brainstorm
- Cheesy mite scrolls
- Cheese and bacon scrolls
- Pigs in a blanket
- Dessert pizza
For our mystery box challenge we have decided as a group to combine ideas 1 (Vegemite scrolls) and idea 2 (cheese and bacon scrolls) by making enough dough for both and differinriating by the flavours, giving variety.
- Name of recipe: Scrolls (cheese & bacon/cheesymite)
- Ingredients: Olive spray, 2 rashes of bacon, 2 cups self rating flour, 1 tablespoon salt, 50 grams butter, 3/4 cup milk, 1/3 cup tomato chutney, 3/4 cup cheese, jar of vegemite. (quantities can change depending on taste preferences)
- Equipment: Baking trays, frying pan, bowl, measuring cups, measuring spoons, sifter, spatular, spoon, knife, rolling pin, plate.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees then spray 2 baking trays with oil.
- Sift flour and add salt in a bowl, Rub butter in using finger tips. Add milk, continue to mix into a soft dough. Knead dough on a floured surface until smooth.
- Roll out dough into a rectangular shape. Spread additional ingredients/ toppings on top. Roll into a long cylinder and cut into even slices.
- Place slices onto baking tray and flatten, keep each piece separated on tray.
- Bake for 15 or until golden.