What Is Lowe's?
Lowe's is a home improvement store and sells things everything from lumber to ceiling fans.
- Was founded in North Wilkesboro, NC by H. Carl Buchan (1889-1955) in 1946
Other Information About Lowe's
- Lowe's current CEO goes by the name Robert Niblock and has held this position since January 28, 2005
- Competitors of Lowe's includes Ace Hardware, Home Depot, and Sears
Factors Of Production
Merchandise and Services
As previously mentioned Lowe's sells products such as ovens, lumber, hammers, and outdoor furniture.
Lowe's also offers such services as consultants on new constructions and home renovations.
Other Company Information
- Lowe's employs over 285,000 people
- Net worth = about $2.5 billion
“Lowes Wants People To Fix Their Bathrooms With Virtual Reality” by Fortune
This article was about how Lowe's had this virtual reality chamber and allowed customers to design a bathroom from scratch. This could add value to the stock because renovations are very hard and having a tool to help customers do so might give Lowes a boost.
"These 5 Things are Driving the Surge in Lowe's Stock" by CNBC
This article talked about the reasons Lowe's stock is going up.
- Store traffic increased and picked up
- Big growth in big-ticket transactions
- Strength across product categories and markets
- A narrower gap with Home Depot
- Home improvement spending seen continuing
Would I recommend this stock?
Yes, I would recommend this stock for 3 main reasons.
- Lowe's is a sturdy stock
- Spring is here
- It has been steadily increasing over the past 5 years