The SWCSD Cyber Security Program provides students with the following skills necessary to be successful in the career field:
- The ability to recognize and prevent cyber threats to controlling physical security system devices through Marcraft's Cyber Security Essentials program/simulation
- Industrial Control Systems Networking & Network Design Process
- IT Security Principles and Methods
- Network Operating Systems
- Computer & Mobile Applications
- Network Security & Design Methods
- Security Management & Analysis
- Incident Response
Students can earn up to 30 college credits through the Cyber Security program's partnership with Franklin University!
According to The American Health Information Management Association, Health Information Management is defined as the practice of acquiring, analyzing, and protecting digital and traditional medical information vital to providing quality patient care. HIM professionals combine the skills of medical, business, and computer foundations to handle electronic medical records and deliver quality service to healthcare facilities and their patients while utilizing the latest in technology.
The numbers above reflect a 17% increase in positions held in HIM over a ten-year span, well above the average of all other occupations.
The SWCSD Health Information Program provides students with the following skills necessary to be successful in the career field:
- Health information management
- Medical terminology
- Electronic health records
- Computer Applications
- Health Informatics
- Legal principals
- Data analysis
- Opportunity to earn college credit & industry credentials.
Report Card Resources. (n.d.). Retrieved October 17, 2016, from http://education.ohio.gove/Topics/Data/Report-Card-Resources
U.S. Bureau of Labor and Statistics. (n.d.). Retrieved October 27, 2016, from http://www.bls.gov/ooh/management/medical-and-health-services-managers.htm#tab-6