- Took notes during meetings
- Networked with UVU clubs and organizations to find partnership for the event
- Organized the logistics of the virtual event
- Received training from the ACLU on how to train and educate voters
- Created and put together PowerPoint slide show used during webinars.
Dis/Misinformation & Voting Rights Presentation
We crafted a slideshow on Google Slides to accompany our presentation on voting rights and dis/misinformation. While we didn't have any attendees during our Zoom webinars, we learned a lot about how to educate voters as we brushed up on voting rights and compiled it into a teachable format.
Social Media Monitoring
After receiving training from the ACLU, a significant portion of our service hours were spent doing social media monitoring. We checked different platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter for dis- or misinformation regarding topics like the election or COVID-19. When we found a post that required more engagement from the ACLU, we filled out incident reports so it could be followed up on.
Created with an image by DWilliams - "usa flag flag usa"