CSI WEEK IN SPORTS is for CSI Staff, Office of Post-Secondary Readiness and District collaborators; detailing weekly updates, events, & highlights.
"The Planet Cannot Sustain This System..."
- protest sign
UPDATES THIS WEEK:
In case you missed it...
Transformational Principal Interviews underway for 2017-18.
Performance Tasks Interview
(Parent Role Play, Teacher Observation, Professional Development Plan, Data Analysis)
Rounds of Interviews Completed
Candidates Interviewed thus far...
Interviewers includes team members from Elevation Network, Offices of Community Engagement & Continuous School Improvement
Contact: Pablo Villavicencio to learn more or to participate.
Facilities Utilization 2017-18
This is the Month of Facility Utilization Planning for Next Year!
Which Charter Schools MUST acquire a District Facility for 2017-18?
- Lodestar K-8 (at least 16 classrooms)
- East Oakland Leadership Academy K-8 (at least 7 classrooms)
- Aspire ERES Academy K-8 (at least 11 classrooms)
Which Charter Schools REMAIN in a Prop 39 District Facility for 2017-18? (vs. Long Term Agreements)
- American Indian High School 9-12 (currently @ Lakeview)
- East Bay Innovation Academy 6-10 (currently @ Roosevelt & Marshall)
Which Charter Schools SEEKING a facility - need unknown for 2017-18?
- Envision Academy 9-12 (currently @ private facility)
- American Indian Middle School 6-8 (currently @ private facility)
- American Indian K-8 (currently @ private facility)
OUSD 2017-18 Facility Utilization Estimator Sheets
SPF Designations Draft
As part of our Soft Roll-out regarding Defined Autonomies, we have established a Draft 2016-17 Designations Framework for school improvement. The Designations are based on:
- Emphasis on Academic Growth
- Inclusion of prior year (thus 3 years of data)
- Over-all Tier to include culture/ climate
- Status to mitigate swings in performance
- Reinforce expectations that specific schools prioritize their resources for certain improvements
- Guide prioritizing central investments & supports
- Identify schools who may be eligible (with Strong school site governance) for access to increased autonomies
- Identify schools requiring significant accelerations
KEY EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- Executive Cabinet 1/2 Day Retreat
- Performance Working Group Ed Pioneer Interview
- CIG / LGDS Alignment
- Equity Pledge Bi-Monthy check-in
- Elevation / CSI / Community Engagement Coord Mtg
- Board Engagement - Linked Learning
- History Dept Check-in
- Monthly Supt / Charter Leader Breakfast - CCSA
- Transformational Principal Interviews
- SIG Steering Committee
- Performance Working Group Planning
- CSI Team 1:1's
- SPF Project Team Meeting
- CSI / Engagement Team: MLK/ West Oakland Planning
- Lodestar / King Estates Call
- Equity Pledge Steering Committee Mtg
- Feeder Pattern Check-in
- SPF Tiering Coordination Call
- ERS Weekly Planning Meeting
- Alignment Oakland Education Impact table meeting
- CSI Team 1:1's
- Intensive Pathways SPF Leader Meeting
- BOE Meeting - Budget Prioritization / Equity Pledge Update
- Principal Professional Learning
- CSI Leadership Alignment Mini-Retreat
- Overdeck Grant Mtg
- SPF Tiering Planning Call
- Montes / Devin Check-in
- CSI Team 1:1's
- INAUGURATION DAY
- Network Leader - Talent Review
- Cabinet Meeting
- SSD Session - Newcomer High School
- SSD Follow-up Planning
- Dell Grant Conference Call
- Performance Working Group Mtg
- OUSD School Portfolio Planning Call
School Portfolio Management 2016-17 Updates
School Quality Reviews
OUSD Re-Launched School Quality Reviews this fall in six (6) sites.
Please find their SQR Reports linked. PLEASE REVIEW...
ILT's have begun processing several priority areas identified in their SQR process. Along with their Strategic Partners, the Elevation network is assisting the leadership is diving deeper into their action planning using the results of the SQR evaluation.
Keep this hit record on the air... contact CSI to receiving Department training on how to read and use the SPF and KPI's.
KPI's - Key Performance Indicators
CSI - WHAT DO WE DO?
Office of Continuous School Improvement
Helps schools and our district become the "Best at Getting Better"
- Measuring & reporting school performance annually & throughout the year using SPF and KPI's (district & charter)
- Designing & implementing tools for strategic school site planning, progress monitoring of programs, analysis and reporting of what's working & not working, and sharing effective practices
- Identifying schools for Intensive supports or eligibility for Innovation; & coordinating access & implementation of those supports and services
- Facilitating decision-making and implementation of new schools, grade configuration expansions, & charter reauthorizations, school mergers or consolidations, and school closures
- Facilitating team responsible for ensuring annual allocation of facilities for new and/or growing schools, changing programs, and charter school requests
We remain lean by collaborating across the district to ensure that Quality is Everyone's Responsibility
Please Contact David Montes de Oca with Immediate Questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
OUSD Selects its Values!
Students First - Equity - Excellence - Integrity - Cultural Responsiveness - Joy