Shakespeare Amani Dew P.6

Thesis: Shakespeare had a lot going on in his life that had either an good impact or a bad impact.

Quote #1: " The stage was "set" by the language"(779)

Commentary: the language was very valid and powerful that had made everyone feel some type of way.

Quote #2: " We can see that this stage, with It's few sets and many acting area- forestage, inner stage and upper stage- made for a theater of great fluidity"

Commentary: The theater is always filled with good attitude and is entertaining to the whole compound.

Quote #3: "... plays were originally performed by the all-male medieval trade guilds, so all women's parts were played by boys”

Commentary:Females were forbidden to participate so they wouldn't catch feeling for the actor they are working with.

Quote #4: The poem is witty and filled with sexual references. But the work is most notable for its vivid settings and its formal and elaborate speeches. Venus and Adonis represents Shakespeare’s successful attempt to write the kind of love poetry that was fashionable in court circles and enormously popular.

Commentary: The play was written to have love scenes but to always prevent each aotr form interacting the scenes that shouldn't be acted by only Males.

Quote #5: Venus and Adonis (1593) draws on the Metamorphoses, a collection of tales in verse by the ancient Roman poet Ovid. The poem tells how Venus, the goddess of love, tries to win the love of the handsome young mortal Adonis. He resists her and is finally killed by a wild boar while hunting.

Commentary: Emotions that was shared was love and how it was trying to be earned.

Quote #6: They did not consider it fixed for all time in a set of correct and unbreakable rules. Shakespeare, for example, used both has and its earlier form hath. In the same way, he used the pronouns thee and thou as well as their modern equivalent, you.( Lander)

Commentary: The pronouns are different and said differently in each compound compared to others.

Quote #7: When my love swears that she is made of truth

I do believe her, though I know she lies,

That she might think me some untutored youth,

Unlearned in the world's false subtleties.

Even though she lies to him, he deep down finds a place to love her and believes her. She also thinks he is "unworthy" in some case.

Commentary: He probably knows she is lying but he finds a place deep down to believe and trust her because he loves her. She probably thinks that he is unworthy even though he isn't and she is the one lying.

Unpiled

differences

Source:

Anderson, Robert. "Shakespeare and His Theater: A Perfect Match." Holt Literature & Language Arts: Mastering the California Standards: Reading, Writing, Listening, Speaking , by G. Kylene Beers et al., Austin, Holt, Rinehart & Winston, 2003, pp. 778-80.

Quote:

" The stage was "set" by the language"(779)

Paraphrase:

the language was very valid and powerful that had made everyone feel some type of way.

differences pt 2

Source:

Anderson, Robert. "Shakespeare and His Theater: A Perfect Match." Holt Literature & Language Arts: Mastering the California Standards: Reading, Writing, Listening, Speaking , by G. Kylene Beers et al., Austin, Holt, Rinehart & Winston, 2003, pp. 778-80.

Quote:

" We can see that this stage, with It's few sets and many acting area- forestage, inner stage and upper stage- made for a theater of great fluidity"

differneces pt 3

Source:

Anderson, Robert. "Shakespeare and His Theater: A Perfect Match." Holt Literature & Language Arts: Mastering the California Standards: Reading, Writing, Listening, Speaking , by G. Kylene Beers et al., Austin, Holt, Rinehart & Winston, 2003, pp. 778-80.

Quote:

"... plays were originally performed by the all-male mediefval trade guilds, so all women's parts were played by boys"

emotions

Source:

Lander, Jesse M. "Shakespeare, William." <i>World Book Advanced</i>. World Book, 2016. Web. 18 Nov. 2016.

Quote:

The poem is witty and filled with sexual references. But the work is most notable for its vivid settings and its formal and elaborate speeches. Venus and Adonis represents Shakespeare’s successful attempt to write the kind of love poetry that was fashionable in court circles and enormously popular.

poems

Source:

Lander, Jesse M. "Shakespeare, William." <i>World Book Advanced</i>. World Book, 2016. Web. 18 Nov. 2016.

Shakespea emotions

Source:

Lander, Jesse M. "Shakespeare, William." <i>World Book Advanced</i>. World Book, 2016. Web. 18 Nov. 2016.

Quote:

Shakespeare poems

Source:

Lander, Jesse M. "Shakespeare, William." <i>World Book Advanced</i>. World Book, 2016. Web. 18 Nov. 2016.

Quote:

Venus and Adonis (1593) draws on the Metamorphoses, a collection of tales in verse by the ancient Roman poet Ovid. The poem tells how Venus, the goddess of love, tries to win the love of the handsome young mortal Adonis. He resists her and is finally killed by a wild boar while hunting.

Paraphrase:

Emotions that was shared was love and how it was trying to be earned.

Styles

Quote:

They did not consider it fixed for all time in a set of correct and unbreakable rules. Shakespeare, for example, used both has and its earlier form hath. In the same way, he used the pronouns thee and thou as well as their modern equivalent, you.( Lander)

Credits:

Created with images by marybettiniblank - "london globe theatre theater" • WikiImages - "hamlet william shakespeare sarah baird" • eflon - "untitled image" • Ruth and Dave - "Pile of books"

Made with Adobe Slate

Make your words and images move.

Get Slate

Report Abuse

If you feel that this video content violates the Adobe Terms of Use, you may report this content by filling out this quick form.

To report a Copyright Violation, please follow Section 17 in the Terms of Use.