Micropigs were created with the genes of a very specific breed of pigs called Bama. Bama pigs are very small and scientist's in China have found that they could be a breakthrough for geonomic sequencing.
Beijing's Geonomic Institute wanted to create micropigs as models for human disease. They extracted genes from the Bama pig and put them in a pregnant pig to create micropigs.
The pro's of GMO's are
- Supplies nutrients most people lack in everyday food items.
- Larger food supply.
- Reduces rotting and foods being eaten by insects.
The con's of GMO's are
- New allergic reactions that come up because the original organism was changed.
- There may be long term effects that we do not know about.
- The organism may get out into the wild and ruin ecosystems because of their difference.
I believe that GMO's need some more research but all in all they are a great thing. They help the economy more than they hurt it so that's a plus. GMOs are a good thing to have around.