- Faced accusations of corruption in 2011
- Cabinet ministries arrested on charge of corruption
- Economy was slipping
- Dilma was charged with responsibility
- Senate found her guilty of breaking budgetary laws
- Violent street protests from middle class who were anxious about government
- Was impeached on December 2, 2015
Wallenfeldt, Jeff. "Dilma Rousseff." Britannica School, 2017. Britannica School. Accessed 20 Mar. 2017.
Quote by Dilma
"I hope the fathers and mothers of little girls will look at them and say 'yes, women can'."
The video is in Spanish but extra credit!