The University Events Office consists of a team of highly experienced, event management professionals. Together we create and deliver around 50 events per year, attracting 5000 attendees. The team possesses over 60 years of experience in the events industry.
THE RANGE OF EVENTS WE ORGANISE IS DIVERSE...
Events that recognise current activity and achievements such as those that celebrate different stages of building construction: the Ruskin School of Art building opening, the Museum of Natural History re-opening and the topping out ceremony for the Big Data Institute.
Events that express the traditions and continuity of the University: Encaenia, the Chancellor's Court of Benefactors ceremony, and the Romanes Lecture.
An assortment of other events including conferences, dinners, community and public engagement events and visits by Heads of State.
A full event management service includes:
- Venue procurement
- Creating and managing budgets
- Writing bids
- Supplier sourcing management
- Event production and AV design
- Delegate management
- Managing multiple stakeholders and key VIPs
- Designing and producing printed materials
- Briefing speakers and senior internals
- Creating webpages and registration systems
- Running the event on the day
- Post-event evalutation