82nd annual meeting of members
Central Georgia Electric Membership Corporation held its 82nd Annual Meeting of Members at the Central Georgia EMC Annex Building in Butts County, Georgia at 10:00 a.m. on Wednesday, August 7, 2019.
Mr. D. T. Hamil, Chairman of the Board, called the meeting to order. Mr. Hamil thanked the Master of Ceremony, Dr. Ed Hoard, pastor of the First Baptist Church of Zebulon. Mr. Ethan Payne, an American Idol contestant from Monroe County, sang the National Anthem.
Mr. Hamil introduced the Board of Directors. CGEMC President and CEO George Weaver recognized the elected officials in attendance and presented the Management Report.
Mr. Hamil announced registration was closed and a total of six hundred seventy-eight (678) members registered.
Mr. Terry McMichael, CPA, affirmed that Central Georgia EMC was a strong financial organization with total assets of more than $252.2 million in 2018. The corporation’s total equity was more than $86.1 million. In 2018, over $2.3 million was returned to the members in the form of capital credits. The financial position of CGEMC remains solid.
Mr. Warren E. Holder, representing Henry, Clayton, and Fayette counties; and Ms. Linda H. Jordan, representing At-Large (Post No. 1); and Mr. J. Everett Williams, representing Morgan, Putnam, Jasper, Jones, and Newton counties, each of whom was unopposed, were re-elected by acclamation for a three-year term.
The meeting was adjourned and members participated in the drawing of prizes and enjoyed a picnic lunch of grilled hot dogs, potato chips, ice cream sandwiches, and soft drinks.
- Operation Round Up - Robot vacuum - Anita Morgan, Jackson, GA 30233
- Youngest Person - $50 Target gift card - Lydia Norton, Griffin, GA 30223
- Oldest Man - $50 Publix gift card - Edward L. Cole, Locust Grove, GA 30248
- Oldest Woman - $50 Publix gift card - Lillie Mae Denson, Jenkinsburg, GA 30234
- Couple Married Longest - $100 energy credit certificate - Mr. and Mrs. Harry Stephens, Griffin, GA 30223
- Couple Married Shortest - $100 energy credit certificate - Chase & Morgan Ward, Jackson, GA 30233
Grand prize 65-inch TV: Loretta Catchings, Monticello, GA 31064
$100 energy credit certificates:
- Jimmie Tuggle, Griffin, GA 30223
- Harvey Carruth, Locust Grove, GA 30248
- William Sowell, Forsyth, GA 31029
- William Walker, Jackson, GA 30233
- Gerald Vogel, Griffin, GA 30223
Customers Due Refunds
- Agnew, Brittney
- Aguilera, Juan
- Barnette, Teirria
- Beckford, Conrad
- Cameron, Olivia L.
- Carden, Austin James
- Carden, Ivey Katelyn
- Coffey, Craig T.
- Davis, Anton
- Davis, Steven C.
- Floyd, Keith II
- Gano, Mason
- Gervin, Christopher
- Harrell, Jamie Michelle
- Kujawski, Thomas
- Labonte, Zachary C.
- Ledet, Ivory
- Lu, Dylan W.
- MA RHES Connections
- Mitchell, Joseph C. Jr
- Morgan, Sirtavius Pretrece
- Royce, Aaron
- Santana, Antonio R.
- Tall, Aminah
- Tilley Jacob
- Turvey, Sherri
- Vega, Fredy
- Walton, Dechristien
- Wilson, Dwaine
- Yamasa Co. LTD
CGEMC visits farm bureau
Central Georgia EMC was in attendance at the Henry and Clayton Farm Bureau Member Appreciation Dinner on Monday, August 19, 2019. According to Christy Chewning, CGEMC Member Engagement Coordinator, the weather was the leading topic of conversation. She talked with many members about the extremely high temperatures that have caused power bills to rise this summer.
The guest speaker was a Henry County resident and host for the Farm Monitor, Ray D’Alessio. As members arrived for dinner, they viewed the latest lawn equipment from Warren Holder Equipment, Stananco, and AgPro South. Just like the Central Georgia EMC Annual meeting, the Farm Bureau meeting ended with door prizes. The final award was a John Deere lawnmower. Thank you to the Henry County Farm Bureau for inviting us!
Operation Round Up
In August, a total of $5,500 was awarded by our Operation Round Up Foundation to non-profit organizations in our service territory.
- Square Foot Ministry - $2,500 - To install an HVAC unit in one newly constructed home.
- Griffin Area Habitat for Humanity - $2,500 - To purchase material for a home being built in Spalding County.
- Red Cross of Northeast Georgia - $500 - Disaster Recovery Fund.
Qualifying 501(c)(3) organizations in our service territory are invited to submit an application to the Operation Round Up Foundation.
Through Operation Round Up, our members support local organizations with a mission to make our communities even better places to live, work, and dream big. By simply rounding up your monthly electric bill to the next dollar, you can join in! Our pennies add up to make BIG CHANGE!
Co-op Connections Card
All Eyes On Savings!
Did you know with the Co-op Connections Card you can save at more than 20,000 vision providers nationwide, including national chains and local retailers?
You could be saving 10%–60% on glasses, contacts, laser surgery, exams, and designer eyewear.
- Up to 60% off prescription eyewear, including most frames, lenses and specialty items such as tints, coatings, and UV protection.
- Up to 30% off eye exams.
- Participating chains include LensCrafters, Pearle Vision, Visionworks, JCPenney, Sears, Target, and more.
- Up to 40% off contact lenses through America’s Eyewear mail order service.
- Up to 50% off eyeglasses through FramesDirect.com.
- Up to 50% off the national average cost of LASIK surgery.
Are you a local business who would like to be included in Co-op Connections? Click the link below, it is simple and free!