A video (5.54) about schools in the British Isles !
- Children must wear a school uniform in schools in the British Isles (= It is an obligation to have a uniform, it is compulsory.). There is a uniform for the summer and a uniform for the winter.
- A uniform has a blazer (with the school blazon), a white shirt and a tie. Girls wear a skirt. The children must have dark shoes.
- Do you like British school uniforms ? Do you want to wear a uniform in your school ?
- School begins with "Assembly" at about 9.00 in the morning. It is a big meeting for the pupils and the teachers. The headmaster speaks of the programme of the day. Everybody sings a religious song and prays.
- After assembly, lessons can begin. There are 3 lessons in the morning and 2 lessons in the afternoon. Lessons are not very long: about 45 minutes. School finishes at about 3.30 p m !