- A cold soup is a soup that can be either cooked or uncooked.
- Whether is it cooked or uncooked depends on the ingredients being used for the soup.
- Yogurt and cream are some commonly used thickeners for cold soup.
- Cooked cold soup is hot soup that is then chilled. Vichyssoise is an example of a cooked cold soup that is a could version of potato-leek soup.
- Uncooked cold soups are very simple soup because they are mainly just fruits and vegetables that have puréed to make the soup thicker. Then cream or yogurt is added.
- Cold soup is typically very healthy and has health benefits when compared to hot soup.