- Arctic sea birds: puffin, razorbill, shag, guillemot, kittiwake
- Gyrfalcons, ravens and sea eagles patrolling the bird cliff of Hornøya
- Amazing arctic landscape
- King and Steller Eiders.
Weather in Northern Norway can be rough, therefore we need a flexible itinerary to be able to change plans according to weather conditions. If we have days with a lot of wind we may not be able to reach out to the bird cliff of Hornøya, but we still have boat available so we can do photography sessions with King and Steller Eider from the sheltered harbor. We also have available cars taking us around to see and photograph the amazing arctic landscape in Varanger. During the evenings we will keep a close look at the sky for the aurora borealis, the northern lights.
Varanger landscape and arctic sea birds
Common guillemots in Hornøya bird cliff
To give every photographer the very best photographic opportunities, this tour is strictly limited to 6 photographers only. Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
Day 1. (25.March): Arrive Vardø airport, pickup and transfer to Vardø Hotel for dinner
Day 2-5 (26-30.March): Full days with photography in Varanger with Hornøya, Vardø Harbour, Arctic landscape and possible northern lights
Day 6: (31.March): after breakfast our tour ends and we will drop you of at Vardø airport if you have a flight home
Puffins are numerous in Hornøya bird cliff
Weather in Varanger is notoriously unpredictable. Conditions and light changes constantly, so be prepared for everything, and extreme nice conditions!
Map of the Varanger peninsula, we will be located in the Vardø Area in the outermost part of the peninsula
- Professional photo guide
- All meals and soft drinks
- All tuition, transportation and single room accommodation during our tour
- Any travel services required arriving and departing at and from the starting location in Vardø airport (VAW)
- Any private insurances, taxes, levies, immigration, duty and visa fees where applicable.
- Personal items including alcoholic beverages, snacks, souvenirs and travel insurance.