The Secret Annex
The Secret Annex was located in the back of the dad's business, near the top of the house. When the Frank family went into hiding, they were closed off from nearly everybody else for 2 years. Christian families helped the Franks with getting food and bringing supplies. The Pels and Fritz Pfeffer also stayed in hiding with the Franks.
1. Marriage between Jews and subjects of the state of German or related blood are forbidden. Marriages nevertheless concluded are invalid, even if concluded abroad to circumvent the law. Annulment proceedings can be initiated only by the State Prosecutor.
2. Extramarital intercourse between Jews and subjects of the state of German or related blood is forbidden.
3. Jews may not employ in their household female subjects of the state of German o related blood who are under 45 years old.
4. Jews are forbidden to fly the Reich or National flag or to display the Reich colors. They are, on the other hand, permitted to display the Jewish colors. The exercise of this right is protected by the State.
5. Any person who violates the prohibition under I will be punished by a prison sentence with hard labor. A male who violates the prohibition under I will be punished with a prison sentence with or without hard labor. Any person violating the provisions under III or IV will be punished with a prison sentence of up to one year and a fine, or with one or the other of these penalties. The Reich Minister of the Interior, in coordination with the Deputy of the Führer and the Reich Minister of Justice, will issue the Legal and Administrative regulations required to implement and complete the Law. The Law takes effect on the day following promulgations except for III, which goes into force on January 1, 1936. Nuremberg, September 15, 1935 at the Reich Party Congress of Freedom.
I think that these laws were meant to make the Jewish people go into a much lower social class. The Jewish people were seen as very different from the German, like how the African-Americans and slaves were viewed by the Whites in America. The Germans wanted to be pure Germans, not at all related to the Jews. This is very cruel, it is like to be banned from the country you were born in. The Jews are not welcome into Germany, and to the Germans, the Jews were less human and just different.
Propaganda is information, especially of a biased or misleading nature, used to promote or publicize a particular political cause or point of view. This is a concept used by many politicians, businesses, and even governments. There are many different types and techniques for propaganda. For example, the "Bandwagon," technique is a type of Propaganda that makes people want to support a specific person or product or nation, just because other people are. Another type of Propaganda is the "Name-Calling" technique. This technique is used to name someone as something that is thought of very negatively. Propaganda makes people go against each other and splits countries apart. Propaganda can even cause people to change their behavior, and go out of their way to discriminate others, or start fights.
Anne Frank was born on June 12, 1929, in Frankfurt am Main, Germany. Anne was very lively and sociable before she went into hiding, but this was taken from her. She showed all of her deep, serious thoughts in her diary that revealed what she was really thinking about. She despised her mother very much, as expressed in her diary, because Anne thought that her mot her mother was treating her childishlyand not thinking that she was more grown up.
Otto Frank was born on May 12, 1889 in Frankfurt am Main, Germany. A secret place in Otto Frank's business location was where the Secret Annex was located. Otto Frank gave Anne her diary for her 12th birthday. Otto Frank was the only survivor that went into hiding with the Franks. After the war, Otto read Anne's diary and found that she had a lot more deep thoughts than what she showed. He published the diary.
Peter Van Pels
Peter was born on November 8, 1926, in Osnarbück, Germany. Peter was a shy boy in the schoolyard that kept to himself. Anne did not not even know him, even though they went to the same school. He brought a cat with him into hiding, Moushci. He was sent to Auschwitz where he survived the selection. He had to walk to concentration camps further west, where he died.
Fritz Pfeffer was born on April 30, 1889, in Giessen, Hesse, Germany. He is known as the pseudonym, Albert Dussel, in Anne's diary. In hiding, Fritz was notorious for having long, scheduled bathroom breaks. He was a dentist before going into hiding. He had one child, named Warner Peter Pfeffer. Fritz was in custody of the child, but because of the war, he sent his child to his brother in England. The brother of Fritz died, and Werner emigrated to California, where renamed himself to Peter Pepper.