Save the Date!
July 10-12, 2017
Spruce Knob Mountain Center, Circleville WV
The Appalachian Watershed & Stream Monitors (AWSM) professional development workshop will provide resources and inspiration for educators seeking to engage students and enhance curriculum through the outdoor classroom.
During this year’s AWSM workshop we will:
- continue our partnership with the WV Department of Environmental Protection to investigate the health of a pristine stream in the headwaters of both the Potomac and Ohio River watersheds.
- dig deeper into watershed science and learn how this unit can help you achieve the Next Generation Science Standards
- connect you with resources that will help you with your classroom implementation
- offer 3 continuing education graduate credit hours through Marshall University (additional cost)
- provide scholarship opportunities for WV educators to attend
More details and registration information will be coming in the near future. We look forward to seeing you this summer!