24= the Atomic number
Cr= the atomic symbol
51.9961 = the atomic mass
Chromium is the name of the element
protons, Neutrons, Electrons
- Protons are the positive energy there are 24 in the element Chromium.
- Neutrons are neutral they do not hold a positive or negative charge. There are 28 in Chromium.
- Protons and Neutrons are located inside of the nucleus.
- Electrons have a negative charge and travel around the nucleus. They are 24 in Chromium
Chromium is a solid state of matter and is Classified as a Metal.
Chromium was found by Louis Nicholas Vauquelin in 1797.
Chromium can be used for multiple things.
- Stainless steel
- It can be used to help improve blood sugar control in people with prediabetes
Physical and CHemical Properties
- silver/ gray
- it heats then burns and forms green
- chromic oxide
- unstable in oxygen
1. It occurs naturally as a mix of 3 stable isotopes.
2. It is highly toxic
3. It is the 21st most abundant element in Earth's crust.