Happy New Year! I am so excited to get 2017 started off right. Quarter 3 is underway and the kids and I are bound to make it the best one yet! January has almost come and gone and into February we go. Please see below for important dates and information regarding this month! Don't hesitate to e-mail or call with any questions.
- January 23rd-30th- The Great Kindness Challenge
- January 27th- NO SCHOOL: Teacher Professional Development
- January 30th- Kind Assembly at 10:00am
- February 3rd- NO SCHOOL: Teacher Requested Conferences
- February 6th- 4th Grade Chat-N-Chew
- February 14th- Valentine's Day: Class Parties
- February 17th- NO SCHOOL: Teacher Professional Development
- February 20th- NO SCHOOL: President's Day
- February 27th- Safe Assembly at 1:30pm
Spring Conferences: On Friday, February 3rd, spring conferences will take place. These are meant for parents and teachers to touch base about a student if either party feels the need. I will be sending individual e-mails with my recommendation on whether or not I feel the need for us to meet, but please know that you are welcome to schedule a time to come in on that day if you see fit. More information to follow shortly!
Coming Up.... Quarter 3 brings lots of awesome curriculum that we are so excited to be working on! For example, we have started our quarter long units on fractions in math and waves of information in science! We will also be continuing our unit of study of the regions of the United States, with a short break to learn about our home state of Kansas. In reading we will continue to build on previously learned skills and practice our cursive handwriting each morning! Be sure to keep asking your kiddos about what they learn each day....we do some pretty fun stuff that I'm sure they would love to tell you about!
Skyward: Please make sure that you are logging into Skyward frequently to check on your students progress and monitor their grades. I update the grade book weekly and want you to be fully aware of how your student is doing at school! Also, if you are still not connected to Seesaw and would like to be, please let me know and I can get you set up.