- Born in March of 1945 in England
- Known as one of the greatest electric guitarists of all time
- 3-time inductee (the only one) to Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
- Won a Grammy in 1993 and put in Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2004 as "song that shaped rock and roll"
- Clapton cites Muddy Waters, Freddie King, B.B. King, Albert King, Buddy Guy, Buddy Holly, and Hubert Sumlin as guitar playing influences
- His single biggest influence was the blues player, Robert Johnson
- Guitarists influenced by Clapton include Slash, Allen Collins, Richie Sambora, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Gary Moore, Duane Allman, Derek Trucks, Eddie Van Halen, Terry Kath, Brian May, Tony Iommi, Lenny Kravitz, Ted Nugent, Orianthi, Vince Gill, Brad Paisley, Jonny Buckland, Joe Don Rooney, Alex Lifeson, Jonny Lang, John Mayer, Joe Satriani, Joe Bonamassa, Davy Knowles, Lindsay Ell, Neal Schon, and Mark Knopfler.
"Eric Clapton". En.wikipedia.org. N.p., 2017. Web. 10 Mar. 2017.
"Tears In Heaven". En.wikipedia.org. N.p., 2017. Web. 10 Mar. 2017.
"Top 10 Cream Songs". Ultimate Classic Rock. N.p., 2017. Web. 10 Mar. 2017.