Fear Not. It’s Christmas!
25 DECEMBER 2020 | CHRISTMAS DAY SERVICE
Rev Edmund de Souza
Scripture Passage: Luke 1:26-37 (NIV)
PONDER | REFLECTION QUESTIONS
The sermon mentioned three angelic appearances surrounding the birth of Jesus and encourage us to not fear the uncertainty of tomorrow.
Luke 1:13 The Angelic Appearance to Zechariah. | But the angel said to him: “Do not be afraid, Zechariah; your prayer has been heard. Your wife Elizabeth will bear you a son, and you are to give him the name John.
- Do you believe God hears our prayers and responds to us? Elaborate.
- Can you think of one prayer that you prayed that God answered?
Luke 1:28ff. The Angelic Appearance to Mary. | 30 But the angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary, you have found favor with God.
35 The angel answered, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God. 36 Even Elizabeth your relative is going to have a child in her old age, and she who was said to be barren is in her sixth month. 37 For nothing is impossible with God.”
- Have you experienced God’s help in a situation that seemed impossible or insurmountable?
- Are you facing a seemingly impossible situation you would like to trust God for?
Luke 2:8-11 | 8 And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night. 9An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. 10But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. 11Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord.
Matt 1:23 | “The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel” (which means “God with us”).
- Have you ever prayed for a situation and though it did not work out the way you wished for, you nevertheless sensed God’s grace and peace?
- If God hears our prayers and there is nothing that is too hard for God to do, why do you think God sometimes does not answer us the way we hoped for?