Theme of Location
There are 5 themes in geography, Location, Place, Human-Environment Interaction, Movement, and, Region
Ethiopia is located west of Somalia, north of Kenya. Bound on the west by Sudan, and on the north of Eritrea.
Religions practiced in Ethiopia
The main religions in Ethiopia are Christianity, Islam, and Judaism
Important holidays to Ethiopia
Facts about the government that exists in Ethiopia
1. The President of Ethiopia is Mulatu Teshome.
2. The government is a Federal Republic, Parliamentary, and Democracy.
3. Prime minster Hailemariam Desalegn, is the head of the government.
How people affect the environment? (human environmental interaction)
Human Environmental Interaction: How humans react to nature .
types of crops are grown in Ethiopia
Environmental problems that exist in Ethiopia.
environmental issues facing Ethiopia include deforestation, soil erosion and depletion of nutrients in the soil which, in parts of the northern highlands, are leading to a worrying increase in desertification. Ethiopia has now enlists help of Forest communities to reverse deforeststation.
How geographers compare and contrast places.
Region: Area on the planet that is composed of places with a unifying characteristic is a region.
- The total population in Ethiopia is 103,498,915.
- The population density in Ethiopia is 104 per Km2 (270 people per mi2).
- The area of Ethiopia is 426,400 mi².
- The per capita GDP of Ethiopia is 505.05 USD.
- Life expectancy of males in Ethiopia is 62.8 while females is 66.8.
- The literacy rate in Ethiopia is 39%.
- Ethiopia is in the tropical zone laying between the Equator and the Tropic of Cancer.
Movement: How people, goods, and ideas move into and out of place.
Movement: Translocation of human beings, their goods,and their ideas from one end of the planet to another.
- Goods imported to Ethiopia is Machinery, petroleum, and petroleum products represent the leading import items. In 2000 Ethiopia's imports were distributed among the following categories.
- Coffee exports generate more than half of Ethiopia's export returns (53%). Other agricultural products, including vegetables, oil seeds, and cotton reflect the remainder of major exports (10%).
- With over 80 ethnicities groups. Ethiopia is very diverse .
- Ethiopia has breathtaking landscapes such as the vast expanse of lake Tana and the arid plains of Omo valley to the capital city Addis Ababa. There are many lush green areas. More than 70% of the mountains on the African continent can be found in Ethiopia.
- Ethiopia is the home to many unique and lesser known species.
- The largest, nearly 115 ft long and weighing 500 tons, is the biggest price of stone ever cut by humanity anywhere on earth, just out side the town of Axumite palace in Ethiopia.
- Cuisine, Ethiopian food is one of the worlds most exiting cuisines.
- If you you're a coffee lover you'll visiting Ethiopia. Coffee was first discovered in Ethiopia in the 9th century.
Life as an Ethiopian student.
If you have the money you can go to school but not many family's have the money . There's a ratio of 1 teacher for 65 students so the students don't get the attention they need to meet their full potential. Many students after school help their family's with watching younger siblings and grandparents and farming . For fun they do puzzles and play hockey . They listen to Ethiopian music. Most schools don't have a dress code so they where what they have but schools that do have a dress code wear blue or green uniforms.