Now is the perfect time to become a member of the American Federation of Musicians of Los Angeles.
Now through July 31, 2019, new members pay ZERO initiation fees — a savings of $140!
As a professional musician, your real strength comes from working collectively with other musicians. If you are not a member of the musicians union, ask yourself:
- Do I want to be paid fairly for my talent and skill?
- Do I want access to quality health care and pension?
- Do I want to be safe at my workplace?
- Do I want access to expert assistance if something goes wrong?
Isolated musicians are more easily exploited and less likely to receive the benefits union members enjoy — contracts that are more than just pieces of paper, health care and pension, scale wages worthy of professionals, and more.
Union Membership Makes the Difference
Serving thousands of professional musicians throughout Los Angeles, American Federation of Musicians Local 47 promotes and protects the concerns of musicians in all areas of the music business.
Affiliated with the American Federation of Musicians of the United States and Canada, AFL-CIO, we negotiate with employers to establish fair wages and working conditions for our members.
AFM member benefits include:
- Wage protection
- Health insurance & pension
- Low-cost rehearsal rooms
- Instrument insurance
- Free classes & seminars
- Emergency travel assistance
- Musicians' referral service
- Expert help from union staff
- Union deals & discounts
Local, National & International agreements cover:
- Low-budget & student films
- Studio recordings
- Video games
- Live concerts
- Motion pictures & television
- New media
- & more