AN-COR-TEK has a high competence in metallurgy. This because of a large amount of experience gained from several high level projects in the past as well as very good contacts to world leading experts in this field. Therefore AN-COR-TEK is able to offer a comprehensive package from basic advisory via detailed analytics of samples towards planning and set-up of metallurgical plants.
Due to strategic partnerships with partner institutions specialized on the analysis of samples in combination with small scale processing of concentrates, AN-COR-TEK is a one-stop-solutions-provider for complex mineralogical analytics and successive metallurgical tasks:
- Chemical analysis of site samples, concentrates, in-plant samples, slags, tailings
- Creation of processing methodologies for given mineral samples
- Assessment of concentrates processing methods by small scale experiments
- Efficiency evaluation of existing processing plants by material-flow-analysis
- Comparative ROI analysis of different processing methodologies
One of the most sensitive strategic decisions in mining is the decision on the features of the processing pant (methods, capacity, location, quality...). Here AN-COR-TEK and its partners are able to advice and support customers with existing (optimization) or projected (layout) processing plants. AN-COR-TEK offers:
- Brownfield: Analysis of existing processing plants and improvement of performance
- Greenfield: Planning of processing plants from basic layout to BOT
- Simulation: Small scale sample operation as proof of concept
One of the most important sources for mineral resources is recycling. Apart from the recycling of domestic waste, the processing of existing dumps of industrial processes may offer excellent returns. Contrary to conventional mining projects, mineral dumps have several significant advantages:
- Better and more reliable metal content than classic deposits (some dumps are very old and the processing equipment used by then was not very efficient), very profitable by new highly advanced process technology.
- No overburden, usually good infrastructure, therefore very low development cost.
- Comparatively low capital requirements for mining, transport and processing due to simple, known deposit structure.
- Reduction of dumps with parallel sealing against ground water is a benefit for dump owners (sometimes even required by law).
- Material is milled already, homogenous and the composition is known.
- Concentration in one place with clear indication of tonnage, so NO mining risk at all.
- Good dumps/deposits are already known to the experts, ideal size of the deposit is at least 1Mt (IRR of over 40% possible for investor on a certified resource).
- No problem with sales as the prices for metals are listed by LME and metals are a commodity.
In this context AN-COR-TEK offers following services:
- Analysis of material foreseen for recycling - commercial importance
- Assessment of the deposit - size, structure, logistics
- Cost and profit estimate for recycling project
- Creation of business case and finding of strategic partners
- Planning and set-up of recycling plant, including start-up management