- The Thundershack has done a sufficient job at advertising it products, as it is not a problem with the advertising, but instead a problem with the products being advertised, because they are not drawing in customers, hence the need for new products.
- Hot meals from Daddy'O's have gained popularity.
- Customer service has improved.
- Increasing Operation Hours
- Selling new, more varied products
- The product mix is not drawing in customers, especially at the current pricing rate.
- Meals are not viewed as a value to customers.
- Competition has similar products at lower prices, as well as the competition has had better exposure; For example, the school snack vendor sells cookies for only 25 cents, and is well known.
- Lower prices and better known products at the competition
The customer base for the Thundershack is all students, but typically leaned toward the lower class students (Freshman, Sophmores). Especially students who don't take lunch.
Survey Questions asked
- Have you been to the Thundershack?
- How often do you spend money during lunch?
- What do you typically/bring for lunch?
- Are you more likely to buy foods or drinks at lunch?
- Would you like to see the Thundershack open Before or After school?
- How much are you willing to spend on Food?
- Do you typically buy the same thing for lunch everyday?
- What are some examples of hot meals you would like to see in the Thundershack?
- What are some examples of snacks you would like to see in the Thundershack?
- What are some examples of beverages you would like to see in the Thundershack?
- What foods do you currently like at the Thundershack?
Hours of Operation
Market Research has led to the conclusion of the Thunder shack needing to be open both before and after school in order to maximize profits. Adding a total of an hour to the stores daily operating time, 30 minutes before and after school; to supply breakfast options before, and snacks and drinks after, especially to athletes heading to practices.
Hopefully further expanding the customer base into lunch time, as many students have in-fact been to the Thundershack, but they did not find any products that sufficiently suited their needs, nor intrigued them to come back. Meaning the more major problem to solve, is the product mix...
A few of the current products at the Thundershack