- The Korean War started on June 25, 1950 at 4:30 p.m.
- 75,000 North Korean soldiers poured over the 38th parallel in South Korea to impose communism
- The war ended on July 27, 1953
- The Korean War involved tactics from old and new: land, air, and sea
- The Korean War resulted in close to 5 million dead, missing in action or wounded
- It is estimated that half of them were civilians
- A total of 6.8 million American men and women served in the US military during the Korean conflict
- A total of 131 Medals of Honor were awarded during the war
Armedforcesmuseum.com. N.p., n.d. Web. 06 Mar. 2017.