John Rillie is an Australian born Men's Basketball Coach. He was a player on the first Gonzaga University team to make the NCAA tournament and has extensive recruiting ties in his native Australia. Coach enjoyed a 15year professional playing career and transitioned perfectly to coaching in the NCAA.
- Eight of his nine seasons have resulted in 20+ wins as a Coach.
- Team set an NCAA record for biggest turnaround in one season.
- Has helped lead his teams to two NCAA Tournament appearances.
- Mountain West Conference Champions (2014)
- Played in the 2004 Athens Olympic Games
Associate Head Coach, UC Santa Barbara | 2018 - Present
Assistant Coach, UC Santa Barbara | 2017 - 2018
Assistant Coach, Boise State University | 2011 - 2017
Director of Basketball Operations, Boise State University | 2010 - 2011
Assistant Coach, Townsville Junior Basketball Association U16 | 2009 - 2010
John did a great job for us this past year,” Pasternack said. “His loyalty and experience in recruiting have made him invaluable to our program. He is a big part of our player development and on-court coaching in addition to his recruiting abilities, and he has absolutely earned this (promotion).”
-Joe Pasternack, Head Men's Basketball Coach | UC Santa Barbara
Gonzaga University | 1992 - 1995
NBL (Australia) | 1995 - 2010
- NBL Rookie of the Year (1995)
- NBL Champion (1998)
- NBL First Team (2004)
- Set an NBL playoff record with 10 made 3 pointers in one game