1. Herbert Ritts Jr. was born on August 13th, 1952 in Los Angeles, California. He passed away on December 26th, 2002.
2. The types of photographs he takes are mostly fashion, concentrated on black and white portraits, often in the style of classical Greek sculptures.
3. Special techniques he uses include black and white photography, and capturing head shots.
4. Ritts' most notable celebrities he did work for include Cindy Crawford, Madonna, Michael Jackson, and Tyra Banks. He did shoots for Victoria's Secret, Harper's Bazaar, Rolling Stone, Time, Vogue, and Vanity Fair.
5. The camera he used for his work is the Nikon and the Mamiya.
6. For most of his shoots, he enjoyed using natural lights and direct light from the sun.
7. Mainly himself and some types of Greek Sculptures helped influence Herb Ritts.
8. From 1996-1997 his work was displayed at the Boston Museum of Fine Arts, which attracted for than 250,000 to his exhibit. Also, in 2003 he had a solo exhibit which took place in Daimaru Museum, in Kyoto, Japan.
9. What I like about his work is that most of his pictures are so deep and enriching when I look at them, you can see a story or expression in the person who is being photographed face. I loved his Madonna shoot, they had a Marilyn Monroe touch to it which was cool.