- Calls for service (2019) 29,346: These are all calls for service and self-initiated incidents. This is a 19.2% increase from 2018. Self-initiated incidents such as extra patrols, security checks, and traffic emphasis patrols, are the largest reason for the increase in the total call for service increase. Officers are proactively utilizing all of their shift down time while promptly responding to emergency calls for service.
- Traffic incidents remains our number one citizen driven call for service
Patrol Division highlights
- 22 Stolen vehicles recovered
- 142 subjects with outstanding arrest warrants apprehended
- 34 protection and anti-harassment orders served
- Saving lives: Our patrol officers are trained and carry nalaxone, an opiate antidote. Officers were able to save the life of a subject who had overdosed on heroin
- Certified an officer to operate a police motorcycle
- Officers fluent in several languages (Spanish and Russian) provided language support for police investigations in our agency and neighboring jurisdictions
- North Sound Metro SWAT: added a negotiator to the Hostage Negotiations Team
- Proactive policing: Conducted four separate narcotics investigations resulting in the arrest of five local drug dealers and the seizure of over 300 grams of methamphetamine, 174 grams of heroin, and over $13,000 in cash (and rescued two kittens).
- Detectives were assigned 217 cases for follow up; 109 cases were filed for prosecution
Created with an image by M. B. M. - "“Saints don’t live on Park Avenue.”"