Code Compliance Officer – Code Compliance
To perform a variety of code compliance inspections; to investigate citizens’ complaints regarding potential code violations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
All behaviors comply with the Code of Conduct and Rules of Behavior outlined in Chapter 7 of the Lancaster Policy & Procedures Manual.
- Perform a variety of code compliance inspections including residential, commercial and industrial property. Drive to and from destinations as assigned by Supervisor.
- Inspect and survey public and private property for nuisances, sewage, trash, debris or related unsanitary conditions; use the computer to access data on citizens for notices, contracts and citations; prepare correspondence outlining code regulations and violations.
- Maintain records and reports in inspections and surveillance activities.
- Respond to and resolve citizen inquiries and complaints.
- Testify in court, as necessary, on various code compliance violations.
- Maintain correct records with the ability to document activities.
- Available for emergency after hour’s inspection should a need arise.
- Maintain maintenance on assigned vehicle.
- Maintain communication after work hours in case of emergency.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education: High School Diploma or GED.
Experience: No experience required as a Code Compliance Officer.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Possession of a valid Class C Texas driver’s license. Possession of a certification as a registered Code Compliance Officer in State of Texas or within the first 15 months of employment.
Salary: $18.84 - $27.06 per hour