The words below describe a "typical day" in the life of His Safe Haven in Liberia. Thank you, Calvary Worship Center, for praying for and supporting such a valuable ministry!
One of the goals at His Safe Haven’s Village in Liberia is to help parents be successful at raising their own special needs children. They do not believe the solution for every child is a group home. As His Safe Haven meets with parents, they try hard to persuade them to love and keep their children. They often share personal testimonies of how special needs family members have changed their life. They quote Scriptures about being created in the image of God and about being knit together in mothers’ womb. They tell parents that God does not make mistakes, therefore their children are not mistakes. They try hard to convince parents that their children are not broken. The result is almost always the same. If His Safe Haven does not intervene, children suffer and are starved.
Sometimes, parents say some of the most hurtful things in front of their special needs children, knowing full well that their children understand everything they are saying. The tragic impact on their children is beyond words! About 2 months ago, God used His Safe Haven to rescue Joash. He was also in the process of being starved to death. He was completely aware of his parents words and actions. He has been grieving deeply since we received him. It is like he has no will to survive. His Safe Haven is feeding him, but please pray that God heals his heart and He finds Himself loved by His heavenly father.
These words describe a "typical day" in the life of His Safe Haven. Thank you Calvary Worship Center for your interest and support of such a valuable ministry.
- for parents' hearts to change about their children with special needs
- for Joash's heart to heal and for him to experience the love of God and the His Safe Haven family where God has placed him
- for funds to construct 4 more group homes
- for sponsors for all of their children
- for funding for a fence to surround their 10-acre property. Robbers are in the area and are sometimes armed. A physical boundary would aid in protecting the group homes.
Matt & Noelle Harris - Uganda
Praise God for Matt & Noelle Harris, ministering in Gulu, Uganda. Praise Him that:
- Matt was able to preach at a multi-church conference last month. He and the team taught about marriage, leadership, and salvation by grace alone.
- Matt & the other teachers taught their pastor-students through the book of Isaiah last month. Praise God that none of the students failed the final test in spite of the rigorous schedule - 66 chapters in 5 days!
- Praise God for a recent family retreat at Lake Victoria. Thank God for rest, refreshment, and renewal!
- for Matt & Noelle as they continue on with the vision God has given them for their ministry - to preach the Gospel eagerly and seek first God's Kingdom and His righteousness.
- for transitions, as several friends have recently left Uganda, either permanently or temporarily.
- for the pastors in their community of Adak as they receive training in counseling to better approach the rising rates of depression and suicide in their area.
Carlos & Yolanda Casco - Ecuador
Thank God for the recent Inductive Bible Study seminar Carlos & Yolanda Casco taught in Ecuador. The students pictured above completed the course!
Please pray for the students to continue to read and apply the Word of God to their lives. "For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart." Hebrews 4:12
Matt & Jonna - Central Asia
Praise God for Matt & Jonna in Central Asia as they minister through sports. Praise God that Matt was recently asked to handle referee contracts and conflicts between teams. This has given him an open door for deeper relationships with other coaches and athletic directors.
Thank God for recent discussions with "Nathan", a referee he works with. Matt has been able to talk with him more about Jesus and gave him a video of the life of Jesus. Pray that "Nathan" will accept the Bible as the Word of God (I Thesssalonians 2:13)
Please pray for an upcoming soccer tournament with 30 teams and 350 athletes. Pray for safety, logistics, and relationships to be built, and for God's love to shine!
Praise God for a sweet reception to Janice Evans in her new home in Chornomorsk, Ukraine! She and the church-planting team are starting off well with a Sunday service in a restaurant and a mid-week Bible study in the pastor's home. Praise God for sweet times of support from Roma, who lived with her as a foster son years ago in Kiev.
Please pray for:
- her landlord's mother. When she met Janice and learned about the church, she expressed an interest. Please pray nothing stops her from hearing the Gospel!
- the people of Chornomorsk to be open to the Gospel.
- the team's Russian skills.
- her foster son Roma to follow Jesus fully.
- new friends in her new city. She misses her old friends!
Bob & Esperanza Simons - Latin America
Thank you for your prayers this year for Bob & Esperanza Simons! Bob's Systematic Theology class in Vicente Guerrero graduated 19 students this week. Each receives a certificate stating they have completed the 10-month course, which included 60 hours of classroom instruction and 120 hours of independent study. Please pray that these men & women will be used to build up and bless the church. Thank God for their willingness to be "diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." 2 Timothy 2:15.
Next year, Bob will teach a 1-semester class in Biblical Interpretation.The materials will cost around $1300, or $65/pastor, which is the equivalent of 2 weeks salary. If you'd like to help support this class or "adopt a pastor", please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Thank God also that Bob & Esperanza were also able to give pastors conferences about forgiveness & our identity in Christ in La Belleza and Bogota', Colombia last month! Please pray for more unity and love in the church in this region. "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” John 13:34-35
Please continue to pray for the local (California) Bible Institute, where Bob is teaching a course called, "Cristo para su mundo" (Christ for His world). He is teaching the students to use Logos, a Bible study program, to study the Greek words and grammar that are translated into different Spanish versions. Please pray this course is used by God to prepare His students for the work of the ministry. (Ephesians 4:11-12)
Hope's Promise Sanctuary of Hope - Kenya
Thank God for his care and protection over the 24 orphans who live with Pastor & Mama Karau in Hope's Promise Sanctuary of Hope, Nairobi, Kenya!
Please pray for the teens to continue to love Jesus more than anything, and for them to work hard in school. Pray for future plans for high schools and universities and vocations!
When you pray or give, YOU are part of the Great Commission - going into all the world to spread the Gospel!
Be a part of the work God is doing at Calvary Worship Center!
If you'd like to be a part of what God is doing in Missions through Calvary Worship Center, please email us at email@example.com or call 719-632-3311!