Runners have been estimated to have up to an 80% injury rate. Due to the repetitive nature of the sport overuse injuries are frequent. When these injuries occur it is imperative that the root cause of your injury is understood and addressed. At Body Dynamics we have the expertise, state of the art technology, and tailored treatment approach to help you recover faster and return to running safely.
Do you have a history of running related injuries? Difficulty increasing your mileage without aches and pains? Or maybe concerned about future injury? Whether you are experienced or just a beginner our running assessment will help you prevent injury, enhance your technique, and optimize performance. By using state of the art wearable sensor technology by DorsaVi (will be clickable to their site) in combination with slow-motion video analysis we can objectively measure exactly how you move.
- Two 1 hour sessions
- In depth musculoskeletal screen to assess if your strength, flexibility and mobility are at the appropriate level for an efficient running stride
- Slow motion video assessment
- Biomechanics data from our DorsaVi running module, which uses wireless movement sensors to provide cutting-edge analysis of your run
- Individualized home program that addresses deficits identified from your musculoskeletal screen
Running Assessment Follow ups:
After completing your two visits additional running assessment visits can be purchased to continue to develop your skills and strength. These sessions include:
- Individualized run technique training geared to address your deficits and enhance your running form.
- Follow up video assessment and DorsaVi readings to monitor progress
- Option for DorsaVi monitoring session running outdoors, where runners can pick their preferred running route and distance
Below is a sample report of the biomechanical data we obtain using DorsaVi wireless wearable sensors.
For more information on what and how DorsaVi works check out this VIDEO.
To schedule your Running Assessment email Liz at LBradley@bodydynmaicsinc.com or call 703.527.9557