The goals this semester for the transportation infrastructure group are to determine the full extent of the issues created by Hurricane Maria and to send supplies and support from Clemson.
- We are looking into the existing and new road conditions in Dominica in order to make them safer and more reliable.
- We are also hoping to gather new data during the Dominica trip in order to map the new terrain and propose new transportation solutions for the near future.
Known Damages Caused by Hurricane Maria:
- Many debris fell on roads and houses making some roads impassable and some homes uninhabitable.
- Some roads and bridges have collapsed causing some villages to be inaccessible.
- Telecommunication lines have fallen therefore communication is very limited.