Agriculture Project Ryan Skoog
What was the first agriculture revolution?
- Neolithic revolution
- 10,000 BC and 2000 BC
- Drop some seeds on accident
- Helped them stay in one place and give other food
What was the second agriculture revolution?
- Was during the 1700s-1900s
- Occured during the industry revolution
- The second agriculture revolution was based on better farming technology
What was the third revolution?
- Late 1900s in the United States
- Made high technology tractors and other equipment
What is Genetically modified organisms (GMO)?
- Plants, Animals that have been modified to fit others needs.
Made seeds better, but also made them less healthy.
- Subsistance farming is growing enough food for yourself and family.
- Sustainable farming is farming plants, animals that don´t affect the envirement.
- Commercial farming is growing an abundance of a type of animal, or plant to feed many thousands of people.