- 4 bulbs garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter 4 leeks
- chopped 1 onion
- chopped 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/3 cup dry sherry
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, or to taste salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
1. Cut off top 1/4 inch of each garlic head. Place in a small, shallow baking dish. Drizzle olive oil over. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) until golden, about 1 hour. Cool slightly. Press individual garlic cloves between thumb and finger to release. Chop garlic.
2. Melt butter or margarine in heavy large saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic, leeks, and onion; saute until onion is translucent, about 8 minutes. Add flour and cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in hot broth and sherry. Simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cool slightly.
3. Puree soup in batches in a blender or food processor.
4. Return soup to saucepan, and add cream. Simmer until thickened, about 10 minutes. Season with salt and white pepper. Ladle into bowls. Garnish with chives.
BON APPETITE! ;)