New Teacher Laptops Have Arrived
The moment so many of you have been waiting for is finally here! New laptops for teachers are ready to be distributed. To exchange your old computer for a new model, teams will need to choose a planning time to meet with Stacey Sinclair to trade in computers and run through a few steps to set up new computers for use. Click the button below to request a time to meet.
iPads Are Available
Did you know that we now have 18 iPads available for student use? In search of some ideas for incorporating iPads into your lessons? How about trying the Dreambox app, or doing some online reading with MyON? Students can create on iPads with Wixie, or add content with Google Classroom! To reserve iPads, or for lesson ideas or classroom support, email Stacey Sinclair.
Laptop Cart Maintenance
Unfortunately, there is no public calendar for iPad checkout. This is a result of laptop carts being left open and unlocked, with laptops stacked on top, or left unplugged. We want to protect our technology resources! As our school community improves the way we care for our laptops, a calendar for iPads will become available. Here are a few reminders on maintaining laptop carts.
- Carry computers safely, with two hands.
- Take computers out of the cart the teacher has asked them to use.
- Return computers to the correct cart and ensure that they are plugged in.
- Check out computers on the public calendars correctly. Indicate how many computers will be used and what the purpose or lesson is. (Avoid revolving cart check-outs of longer than two weeks.)
- Do NOT allow students to use computers that you have not reserved on the calendars.
- Supervise students as they take computers out and put them away.
- Double-check that all computers are put away and plugged in correctly.
- Keep carts locked even when your class is using the computers and keep the key with you, in your classroom, while you have the cart checked out.
Watch the video below for a reminder on adding calendars to Outlook.
News to Share
Remember, now that we are in the third quarter, teams should add their Quarter 3 learning goals and classroom news to the News to Share folder on Google Drive for inclusion on the ATES website. Please add your Quarter 3 information by Friday, March 3. Looking for the News to Share folders? Just click below.
Supporting Literacy Goals
Looking for support with upcoming research and non-fiction Language Arts units? From the many new and improved online database resources available, to graphic organizers for reading and writing, to citation tools, there are plenty of technology resources at our fingertips to support literacy and 21st-Century skills. Looking for support or ideas? Let's talk!