"Have you planned to Switch from Lotus Notes to MS Outlook, and want a solution on how to migrate Lotus Notes NSF file to Outlook PST format? You have come to the right place, here in this post we are going to learn about the ways to export NSF to PST format."
So lets start knowing about File formats created by the respective email clients that is Lotus Notes' NSF format and PST file one the format created by Outlook.
Lotus Notes NSF file.
Lotus Notes data is stored in database files, NSF files. Lotus Notes configuration can be stored in many places and files (such a notes.ini and in the registry). Your mailbox, address book and archives are all Lotus Notes databases (NSF files).The Notes Storage Facility (NSF) database file is used by Lotus Notes and Domino to store different kind of objects like e-mail, appointments and documents, but also application forms and views.
MS Outlook PST file.
Microsoft Outlook usually stores all the data in PST files while working online. The Personal Storage Table (.pst) is an file format used to store copies of messages, calendar events, and other items within Microsoft software such as Windows Messaging, Microsoft Exchange Client, and Microsoft Outlook.
Why we need to change from NSF to PST format?
Reasons behind NSF to PST Conversion
- If anyone is using Lotus Notes at their workplace and need to complete the pending work at home but fails to access their NSF file due to unavailability of Lotus Notes client application on their desktop or PC.
- If switching from Lotus Notes to Outlook to improve business productivity, then the employees cannot access their old files into Microsoft Outlook due to different application file formats.
- If changing job and found that the new company is using Microsoft Outlook instead Lotus Notes, then to open older files, they needs to be converted into PST format.
- MS Outlook is being more easier to use but Lotus Notes requires technical knowledge to access the features.
- Lotus Notes is highly secured and expensive platform to access emails due to which it maintains also very costly.
Ways to Export Lotus Notes to Outlook PST files
Method 1--- Manual method to perform NSF to PST conversion
- In IBM Lotus Notes environment.
- Click on File > Export (Export Wizard window of Lotus Notes appears).
- Select a location to save the file and Select Comma Separated Value or Structured Text in Save as type.
- A dialog box pops up – mark the required option.Select OK.
- Type a new name for the exported NSF file. Select the Export button
- Selected NSF file is successfully exported at specified location. Now, import the exported NSF file in MS Outlook.
- Open MS Outlook
- Click on File > Import (Import and Export Wizard is open)
- Select Import from another program or file and click Next
- Select Comma Separated values
- Browse the location of Exported NSF file and check Replace duplicates with item imported
- Select a folder where you want to import the data and click Next (Import process begins)
- Click Finish.
If manual method fails to provide the successful result, you can then use a third-party software like SysInfo Lotus Notes to Outlook to migrate NSF files to MS Outlook. It performs effortless NSF to PST Conversion in almost every condition.
Entire mailbox data from NSF database to MS Outlook
Exporting the entire mailbox data from NSF database to MS Outlook. Lotus Note being a rich featured email client , many users are unable to understand its functionality and need to convert their NSF file to Outlook PST, which is popularly used ever since it came into existences. NSF to PST converter is software that makes it possible for that user who need to change from NSF o PST format in a very easy way.