- My future career
What I would like to be in the future is be a primary school teacher.
The reason for this is because I love working with kids and I love that you have a direct impact on the lives of young people and can make a difference.
To be a successful primary school teacher you need a passion to inspire young minds and a commitment to ensuring that every child achieves their potential
What you'll do on the job
You'll teach subjects in the primary national curriculum at key stage 1 (ages 5 to 7) and key stage 2 (ages 7 to 11). Subjects include English, maths, science, music and art.
With experience you could develop a specialism in a particular subject like computing or art and design.
Your day-to-day tasks may include:
- planning lessons and preparing teaching materials
- marking and assessing children's work
- providing a safe and healthy environment
- keeping records
- discussing children's progress with parents and carers
- working with other professionals like education psychologists and social workers
- attending meetings and training
- organising outings, social activities and sports events