ACES in our Pockets AN INTRODUCTION TO THE LEADER IN ME PROGRAM, AND THE 7 HABITS, FOR FAMILIES.
Beginning with the end in mind means you:
- Plan ahead and set goals
- Do things that have meaning and make a difference
- Are an important part of your classroom and contribute to your schools misson and vision
- Look for good ways to be a citizen
Ways you can begin with the end in mind at home:
- Help your child set personal goal for school or home. Help them brainstorm what they would like to accomplish and how they can begin their journey. Set up a timeline for achieving the goal and check in with your child regularly to see if they are making progress. When they have achieved their goal celebrate it with them and begin the process again.
- Be a role model and lead by example. Talk with your family about goals you have for work, home, or another organization that you are a part of. Keep them updated on your progress by talking about milestones along the way. Celebrate your success as a family and make sure to set a new goal to work towards next.
- Budget. If you and your family are looking forward to a vacation, big purchase, or a new remodel create a budget to plan for it. Figure out how much money you need in order to accomplish this goal, find ways to cut back on spending to start saving up, and create a realistic timeline. You family can chart the progress together each week and see as you inch closer and closer to your goal. Once you have saved up enough money your family can celebrate by enjoying the big reward together.