Here is a summary of our construction and improvement work so far:
- One 12” storm pipe and one 6” storm pipe were uncovered during footing excavation. The 12” pipe was directly in line with the new foundation wall. Both are being extended/re-routed.
- Site drainage manholes and piping were completed in early March when school was closed for winter break.
- Footing excavation and formwork for new footings and foundation walls are continuing. Completion of “Phase 1” footings and walls is anticipated for the end of March.
High School Boiler Room
- New hot water supply and return piping installation is ongoing.
- Concrete pads for new equipment have been installed; waiting for delivery of equipment.
High School Learning Commons
- New footings for the new mezzanine area have been completed.
- After-school demo work is continuing, which has taken longer than anticipated due to existing structural steel conditions and additional abatement work.
- Structural steel drawings were submitted and returned (R&R) as per existing discovered conditions. The contractor will resubmit steel work drawings next week. Steel work is approximately four weeks behind.
- Additional abatement work was completed when school was closed for winter break.
- Existing floor patching/infill is proceeding.
- Electrical roughing is ongoing.
- Ductwork installation started the week of March 5.
- Installation of new Gym wall began the week of March 5. The climbing wall will be ordered pending color selection approval.