People always ask me: "You have 600 amazing hotels all over the world, how do you pick your personal vacation hotel?" My answer is always the same: "I travel for work and vacation at home or visit family." However, this year is different! For the first time, I decided to vacation at one of Preferred properties - The Sanctuary at Kiawah Island Golf Resort, one of our Legend collections that was voted as the #1 Island in North America by Conde Nast Traveler. The Resort is IDEAL for all kinds of groups!
Kiawah Island, South Carolina
- Easy and pleasant drive from Charleston airport. Tip: Plan your trip to arrive in during the day so you can enjoy driving through the "forest canopy" when arriving at the resort
- The Sanctuary at Kiawah Island Golf Resort is complete luxury that is perfect for Corporate and Incentives. The resort also has villas and condos to fit "value driven" groups with "value rates" all while enjoying the same amenities offered at the resort
- U-shape building works well for both large or small groups. Regardless of how busy the hotel is, the group will always feel like the "big fish in the small pond."
- With more than 12 restaurants at the resort as well as many venues for group events, meeting planners will never worry about not having enough options
- The beach is the perfect place to enjoy both the sunrise and sunset
- The entire hotel staff is trained for attention to detail. The great service is consistent throughout the resort.
- My personal favorite: Mingo Point Oyster Roast & BBQ! This would be perfect for either group welcome receptions or farewells with an iconic setting that generally includes a beautiful sunset in the background