Message from IT:
Email Migration - Continued migration from Rackspace to Microsoft Office 365 Email. If you haven't already, look for an email from IT in the coming weeks.
Here are some tips to help speed the process:
- Clean up your email inbox - delete any unneeded email (but retain all important emails)
- Clean up your sent items and your deleted items folder – this often goes overlooked as many of us don’t think about the items we have sent or deleted as taking up space.
Docusign - Some of the documents we need you to sign will be sent through Docusign - an electronic signature format used for convenience, timeliness, and ease of viewing. There isn't a need to print off the document and send to us, as a Docusign is equivalent to a hand-written signature.
FYI: You may not be seeing all of your emails! Check your Spam Folder! With the process of migrating from Rackspace to Microsoft, some users may be receiving emails in Spam until every employee has gone through the Migration process - Make sure you verify they're not spam.
The prevalence of cyber hacking is becoming a common occurrence with the increase of technology, especially in businesses. With that, increases the need to be cyber safe.
Here are some tips to help prevent cyber hacking:
- For cellular devices, make a six digit lock code. Four digits are too short.
- Don't have easy to predict passwords. Such as: 1111, 1234, or 5678. These may be easy to remember, but they are also easy to hack.
- Shred documents that contain personal information. Such as: Birth dates, Social Security (even last four), Credit Card numbers, Account numbers from banks or financial institutions, medical insurance numbers, etc.
- Don't use work email addresses for store subscriptions.
- If you receive emails from banks that you don't use, don't open them!
If you had an electronic device lost or stolen that you believe may have had work related information or passwords on, please email email@example.com with a valid phone number and someone from IT will be in contact with you.
Look for new Cyber Security Policies coming in 2017!
Happy Birthday to our November birthdays! November birthdays combine to be 1,370 years of wisdom!
- Clayton D. Parker
- David N. Ozee
- Gary D. Cornelison
- George W. Stephens
- Jeff A. Hughes
- Jeremy L. Gross
- John D. Underwood
- Keane R. Hank
- Kelly E. Vineyard
- Kenneth G. Rogers
- Laura L. Savage
- Mandy J. Trumbull
- Matthew S. Clark
- Michael Shawn Downing
- Richard E. Ballew
- Robert H. Watjen
- Shelley J. Davis
- Stacy A. Jones
- Stephen A. Kovach
- Steven M. Burns
- Teena S. Birdsall
- Terry L. Truelove
- Timothy J. FitzPatrick
- Tisha A. Jenkins
- William Robert Woodley
What's the Rush? Drive Safely.
Driving from one location to the next is an important part of our industry. With this in mind, it has become increasingly important to be cautious while driving. Below are some tips to think about before heading out on the road.
- Check local weather conditions and plan accordingly
- Give yourself enough time, try not to rush
- DO NOT use cell phones while driving (if possible, leave your phone in the back seat to avoid temptation)
- Keep your eyes moving on the road
- Maintain a safe speed for weather conditions
- Follow all traffic signs and laws
Ensure you are getting paid on time.
Submit your work activity and expense reports.
December 1-15 Work Activity and Expense Reports are due to Accounting no later than end of business day Friday, December 16th, 2016!
December 16-31 Work Activity and Expense Reports are due to Accounting no later than end of business day Tuesday, January 3rd, 2017.
To avoid a potential delay in payment, please be sure to submit your Work Activity and Expense Report by the due date.
Also note: The mileage rate will reduce to 53.5 cents per mile, effective January 1st.
Name: Robert Donaldson
- Job Title: ROW Supervisor
- Fondest Coates Memory: Receiving 5 year anniversary acknowledgment
- Favorite Holiday Movie: Frosty the Snowman
- Favorite Winter Activity: Shopping
- Given the opportunity, what one person would you interview (dead or alive): John F. Kennedy
- Favorite Place to Eat: Jersey Mike's
- Three words that describe you: Determined, Polite, and Grounded
Name: Al Armstrong
- Job Title: Lead Right of Way Agent
- Fondest Coates Memory: Helicopter flight surveying ice storm damages in Western Oklahoma. For lunch we landed in the parking lot of Western Sizzlin’ in Chickasha, Oklahoma
- Favorite Holiday Movie: National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
- Favorite Winter Activity: Hunting
- Favorite Place to Eat: Eischen's Bar in Okarche, Ok.
- Three must haves if you were stuck on a deserted island: Hotspot with solar charger, laptop, and matches
Name: Laura Savage
- Job Title: Records Specialist
- Favorite Holiday Movie: Elf
- Favorite Winter Activity: Snow Skiing
- Hollywood has decided to make a movie about you, who would play you: Reese Witherspoon
- Favorite Place to Eat: Green Chili Willi's
- Three must haves if you were stuck on a deserted island: Clean water, lighter, knife
Auto Insurance Compliance
We appreciate everyone's diligence in supplying necessary Auto Insurance Forms. However, we are still missing a few from some. If you have received an email regarding your auto insurance, please provide that information ASAP. Check your spam mail to verify it didn't go to that inbox.
If you have further questions or need assistance please contact:
Abby Morley - firstname.lastname@example.org
Chad Hohnke - email@example.com
Providing this information is not optional, and is a requirement by our insurance provider.
Employee Anniversaries for November:
- Lela Glaze - 31 years
- Joe Coates - 26 years
- Barbara Decastro - 22 years
- Al Armstrong - 17 years
- Heidy Guendel - 7 years
- Sarah Draper - 6 years
- Myona Baser - 5 years
- Matthew Clark - 5 years
- Robert Donaldson - 5 years
- Richard Ballew - 5 years
- C.E. Crozier - 4 years
- Marianne Dalton - 3 years
- David Ozee - 3 years
- Daniel Spencer - 3 years
- Mia Warlick - 2 years
- Michael Biviano - 1 year
- Tanner Jenkins - 1 year
Thank you for your continued dedication to Coates!