What is an Animator?
- An animator is an artist who creates multiple images, known as frames, which give an illusion of movement called animation when displayed in rapid sequence.
- However, Animators can work in a variety of fields including film, television, and video games (its not just drawing and art).
- Animation is closely related to filmmaking such as many of the Disney movies.
- filmmaking is extremely labor-intensive in animation, which means that most significant works require the collaboration of several animators. for instance, Monsters Inc. (one of disney latest animations) took 5 years to create because they put every tiny detail on the Characters such as hair.
- The methods of creating the images or frames for an animation piece depends on the animators' artistic styles and their field.
how do they work? independently? as a team? why.
- An Animator must be able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Animators must work independently to organize themselves, they must also work independently so that they can be contractors of their work.
- An Animator can obviously not make an entire movie by themselves, it would take years. So, they must also be able to work as part of a team, to share their ideas and take on roles to finish a project.
Animators must know how to work independently and as part of a team.
what is the education required?
- Most employers require animators to have a bachelor's degree in animation or related art field, as well as a professional portfolio.
- portfolios must be done prior to applying, students can take certifications and courses during high school and/or after to learn how to create a portfolio.
- Students typically take courses in drawing, 3D programming, computer graphics, video effects and graphic design during college or university.
- Degree programs may also provide training in sound and video editing, as well as kinematics (Physics).
Sheridan College, Oakville. Most and almost all of Disney animators are hired and hand picked from this College. They are the top Animation Institute in the world.
What skills do animators need?
- creativity and imagination.
- drawing and modelling skills.
- communication and presentation skills (to work as a team)
- IT skills. (computer skills)
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs was one of Disney's earliest animations
what is the average salary?
What is the average annual salary for an Animator? How much does a Animator make?
- On average, an animator earns about $32.72 an hour, and they usually work about 35-40 hours a week.
- Every year they make about $68000, however this can vary on the type of Animator you are.
What type of company, organization or institution might someone in this profession work?
The most famous institution/ company would be Disney.
- Walt Disney Animation Studios, and it is headquartered at the Walt Disney Studios in Burbank, California.
- it is an American animation studio that creates animated feature films, short films, and television specials for The Walt Disney Company.
Walt Disney Animation Studios in Burbank, California.
would you consider this to be a possible career in the future?
Ever since I was little, I've loved drawing and movies. Everyone I've showed my artwork to always says I can go far with what I love to do. But I'm a little stuck with schools and how upholding the job really is. So I really don't know right now but if I can get my anxiety under control I would love to try it.