Three Wise Men Day
What is the Epiphany? The manifestation of Christ to the Gentiles as represented by the Magi.
1. The feast of manifestation, or Epiphany, is traditionally celebrated the 12th day after Christmas, January 6th.
2. The Epiphany takes its name from the Greek epiphania, which denotes the visit of a god to earth.
3. The revelation of Christ to the three kings at Bethlehem is a symbol of His revelation to the whole of the Gentile world.
4. Originating in the Eastern Church.
5. The mysterious star of Epiphany, "flashing like a flame," is still another facet of the light-motif, a symbol capable of being interpreted in a dozen different ways.
6. The Gospels of the baptism and the marriage at Cana are read on the Octave Day and the Second Sunday after Epiphany.